Download Individual Registration Form
Download Team Registration Form
Register Online Now!
2007 – Winter Coed 6s
1/25/07 – ADJUSTED Schedule for Feb 9, Feb 23 and the tournament is now on March 9.
Full schedule posted. Due to some court restrictions, we’ve scheduled doubleheaders for the entire league on some nights – please review – and by all means, have fun!
View Schedules And Results
ALL PLAY SHALL BE GOVERNED BY THE 2003-2004 OFFICIAL UNITED STATES VOLLEYBALL RULES, WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
- All regular season matches shall consist of three games (Games 1 & 2, to 25, Game 3 to 15).
- No official warm-up period shall be given. Teams must be present and ready to play at the scheduled game time.
- If a team, or teams, does not have the required number of rostered players to begin a match at the scheduled game time, the following shall apply:
a. A five (5) minute grace period will be allowed before game 1 of the match is recorded as a forfeit.
b. An additional five (5) minute grace period will be allowed before game 2 of the match is recorded as a forfeit.
c. An additional five (5) minute grace period will be allowed before game 3 of the match is recorded as a forfeit.
4.It shall be the responsibility of the team captains to report ineligible players (protest) to the League Director. The League Director shall review the roster and rule on the protest.
- All teams must provide a line judge to assist the referee with out-of-bounds calls.
a. The linesman does not have to be a rostered player.
b. Teams can mutually-agree to play without linesmen. However, teams which do not supply linesmen for tournament games, will forfeit their matches.
c. If an agreement cannot be reached, the match shall be played with one linesman, under protest, and must be so-indicated prior to the start of the first game.
- The team which first scores 25 points with a minimum lead of 2 points, wins games 1 and 2. The team which first scores 15 points with a minimum lead of 2 points, wins game 3.
- A team must win with a minimum lead of two points.
- Each player may play for one team in each women’s league (competitive and recreational) and one team in each co-ed league (competitive and recreational).
- Each player must be listed on the official team roster.
- No libero is permitted.
- To begin and/or continue a game, each team must have the following minimum number of rostered players present and ready to play:
a. Co-ed 6-on-6 play
i. 2 men
ii. 2 women
b. Women’s 4-on-4 play
i. 3 women
- The bleachers, curtains, and walls, and are out of play.
- The result of the ball contacting overhead obstructions such as basketball backboards and hoops, and the jogging track, shall be a dead ball. If shall be the referee’s judgment whether to award a point, or to replay the rally.
- Team captains are responsible for the conduct of their players and spectators.
- The following system shall be used to control unsportsmanlike conduct.
a. Warning: verbal or hand signal only
b. Penalty: Yellow card
c. Expulsion: red card
d. Disqualification: yellow and red card jointly
a. A legal team consists of a minimum of four (4) players and a maximum of six (6) players.
- A legal team consists of one of the following compositions:
a. Three (3) men and three (3) women; or
b. Two (2) men and two (2) women; or
c. Three (3) men and (2) women; or
d. Two (2) men and three (3) women
- Serving order shall be maintained as follows
a. In case of even numbers of men and women, alternating service order must be maintained
b. In case of three (3) males and two (2) women, or vise versa, no more than two men or two women may serve consecutively.
- If a team consists of 4 players, the server is subject to back-row position restrictions.
- If a team consists of 3 players, all players are free to positions themselves anywhere on their court. There are no position faults.
POINTS OF INTEREST
- The ball can hit the net on a serve
- No jewelry, hats, and/or bandannas are allowed (Exception: medical or religions medallions which must be covered)
- All play is rally scoring
- Each team is allowed a maximum of two 30-second time-outs per game
- It is illegal for players to block a serve.
- Co-ed: When only one male player is in the front row at the time of service, one male back row player may be forward of the attack line for the purpose of blocking. The remaining back-row player must be behind the attack line until the ball has been contacted by the blocker(s) or has been hit in such a manner that no block is possible.
- Co-ed: When the ball is played more than once by a team, a female player shall make at least one of the contacts. Contact of the ball during blocking shall not constitution playing the call. There is on requirement for a male player to contact the ball, regardless of the number of hits by a team.
- Quads: When contacting the ball with one hand, other than setting the ball toward a teammate, the ball must be cleanly hit with the heel or palm of the hand, with straight, locked fingertips, curled fingers, or with the back of the hands from the wrist to the knuckles. One-handed placement or redirection of the ball with the fingers (a dink or open-handed tip) is a fault.
Teams are scheduled according to seeding. All rules above are enforced, with the following ammendments:
A. Teams play a best-of-3 games format, where the first two games are won by the first team to reach 25 (must win by two), and if necessary, a third game is played to 15 (must win by two).
B. Rally scoring in all tournament games.
C. Only winners advance in tournament play.
View Schedules And Results